Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Prayer Day 1

I set aside time yesterday to start a prayer discipline I found by
Herb Miller at

http://www.theparishpaper.com/webfm_send/12

I pray with some frequency and Herb's format is not unfamiliar. I
very much appreciate his practical focus, the simple-sounding how-
to. I know that faith is for some of us a matter of deep
commitment. For others of us it is a matter of having been found,
again, deeply. For still others, the depth comes with the richness
of theology's conversation between reason, experience, the nature of
humans, and the nature of God.

We also have available the trap that leading a good life is
sufficient for whatever purposes we claim our God has for our lives.

Somewhere in the midst of those is the practice itself. The habit of
acknowledging God and daring to enter a conversation with God.

I'll let you know how it goes.